Monday 6 June 2011

My Birthday Present Has Arrived!

I finally have my new camera! I have been dreaming of a good one since leaving university really but have only just got around to going for it and choosing one. A very good thirtieth birthday present I think. It arrived on Thursday (along with the sunshine - yay!) so I decided to swap my days around and take Friday off to make the most of the sunshine. So glad I did as it was a bit dreary over the weekend and I was quite happy to cut orders and do things around the house. I'm still in auto mode but loving my Canon already!



This was the very first photo I took when I noticed the battery had charged. Not the greatest but it shows some of my lovely charity shop treasure that I had just bought home from my morning potter around Hexham. That, a half-finished card order, the Canon instruction booklet and a 'to do' list in the background. Sums things up very well!





Sewing out in the sun...




...With a cup of tea, of course!


More tea at the parents in laws' on Sunday...


...Followed by my first ever spin in an Ibex F8. Mr Storeyshop has been designing this new vehicle for the last few years, and has started building them in the last year or so for customers, so this was a landmark voyage! Two handsome beasts, eh?!

The camera is going to be great for Storeyshop and also for Ibex Vehicles. I'm looking forward to taking vehicles to amazing places around the country (and world!) for photoshoots. Well, I was already the in-house designer so I'm now art director and photographer too. Bring on the Scottish highlands!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking gooooood twinks. Can I ask which camera y'gone for? I'm gona have to invest in one real soon! Loooooooooove the vehicle n all, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, real nice. Loves Ionwen X

Sarah said...

Wow - more than a little bit jealous. Really sharp images. Lucky duck.

Zoƫ said...

Nice deck chair ;) x

Storeyshop said...

Hi Ionwen, Yes, it's a Canon 1100D with a 50mm lens. Really liking it so far. I'll pass on the vehicle compliments too :)
Thanks! Hx

Zoe-Ellen -Ta. eBay! The man selling them couldn't believe I wanted them :) x