Saturday 2 January 2010

Christmas and New Year From The Car

Well, December was one of my busiest months ever with Storeyshop making, designing, wedding planning and Christmas (hence my lack of blog posts) but it was great fun. We have spent time in London, Sussex, Northumberland and Yorkshire and caught up with friends, family and new babies. I have just been uploading and looking through my photos of the festive season and realised that quite a few are taken from the car. Like lots of people, we've done a far bit of driving around. There's something quite nice about the travelling at this time of year and it has certainly been interesting with all the snow. Here's a little snapshot of Christmas 2009 through the windscreen of our little Ford Ka!


We got snowed in at Dave's parents' house and had to be towed up the drive by a trusty Ibex.



We had an 'exciting' winter rally along the moors. I'm glad I wasn't at the wheel and that Dave is a very good driver!

Christmas cows and a change of scenery in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex

And, finally, driving home on New Years Day via the castle where we're having our wedding reception in less than 4 months!




I am really looking forward to what this year brings -a new surname for a start! Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Heleen said...

Happy new year, and whauw you have real winter eperience!

Liz of Wool Boutique said...

Which is the castle? It looks lovely.

And you're so brave going out in all that snow. I didn't go out much while all this snow has been going on. Blegh.

Siru said...

Thank you for following my blog!

juliet xxx

Storeyshop said...

It's Langley Castle near Hexham. Hoping the weather's warmed up by the time our wedding comes around :)