Wednesday 20 February 2008

Fight Club

Oooh crikey I haven't written anything on here for ages. I've been so busy. I have been working in Newcastle on a fighting magazine (there's a quiet spell again..!) for the last couple of weeks. It's a nice variation to women's magazines actually and it's good to work with blokes for a change. It's the opposite to the magazine I work on in London quite a lot, where there's so many women, the toilets on our floor are all 'ladies'.

This job is bit of a trek from our house in the sticks so I'm getting up at the crack of dawn and not getting home until quite late but I'm getting used to it. I'm getting to see a bit more of Newcastle and find my way around too. I have found an amazing big super-modern M&S (I'm a Marks geek and have already bought way too many basics and knicker and vest sets!) and a Primark (managed to resist the cheapness so far though).

I'm looking forward to getting on with Storeyshop more in the next couple of weeks. The stock is selling out! We need to get making. I have lots of ideas so need some time to crack on with it all. Beca is making lino-cut stamps and printing blocks so look out for gorgeous cards and notelets, all completely hand-printed, very soon. They look fab!

Just heard about an Etsy craft fair in London in June soon too so that sounds exciting and a good thing to think about. I like the idea of people being able to actually see and touch all the products. It will be fun to meet all these UK Etsy people we have been talking to! Good excuse for a trip back to the big smoke to see my friends too..

Better get back to designing. Will blog again soon and add some photos etc. I have been buying some nice things on Etsy lately (all in the name of research, honest) so I'll get them on here too.

Ta ra

Oh yeah, other big news is that we have bought two urls www.storeyshop.com and www.storeyshop.co.uk Very exciting! Both link to our Etsy shop at the moment but the plan is to learn how to make a fab new website. Will have to get reading the Dreamweaver bible!

No comments: